It has become quite important to create a brand and increase brand awareness in today’s global world where the interaction among societies have increased tremendously. Brands that position themselves on a worldwide basis while keeping their own cultural traits, increase their chances of success. The main purpose of this study is to investigate the impact of customer satisfaction and social activities on brand positioning. For this, a survey is conducted in one of the most successful service sector firms, Starbucks. Its customers’ satisfaction in relation to brand positioning in Turkish market specifically in Ankara has been explored. The results show that there is a meaningful relationship between customer satisfaction and brand positioning of Starbucks in Ankara. Participation by customers in social activities has also proven to have a positive relationship with brand positioning.
- Aaker, D.A. (1991), Managing brand equity; capitalizing on the value of a brand name. The Free Press, New York, N.Y.
- Atılgan, E., G. Aksoy, G. and S. Sakıncı (2005), “Determinants of the Brand Equity: A verification approach in the beverage industry in Turkey”. Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 237-248.
- Bitner, M.J. and V.A. Zeithaml (2003), Service Marketing. Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi.
- Chaudhuri, A. and M. B. Holbrook (2001), “The chain effects from brand trust and brand affect to brand performance: the role of brand loyalty”, Journal of Marketing 65 (2), 81-92.
- Deng Z., Y. Lu, K. K. Wei and J. Zhang (2010), “Understanding customer satisfaction and loyalty: an empirical study of mobile instant messages in China”, International Journal of Information management, 30 (4), 289-300.
- Farquhar, P. (1989), “Managing brand equity”, Marketing Research, 1 (3), 24-33.
- Flint, D.J.C., P.J. Blocker and P.J. Blocker, Jr. (2011), “Customer value anticipation, customer satisfaction and loyalty; An empirical examination”, Industrial Marketing Management, 40 (2), 219-230.
- Hayes, B. (2008), Measuring Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty. Survey Design, Use, and Statistical Analysis Methods, ASQ Quality Press, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Hausknecht, D. (1990), “Measurement Scales in Consumer Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction”. Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behaviour 3: 1-11.
- Jacoby, J. and R. Chestnut, (1978), Brand loyalty measurement and management. Wiley, New York, NY.
- Jamal, A. and M.H. Goode, (2001), “Consumers and brands: a study of the impact of self-image congruence on brand preference and satisfaction”, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 19 (7) 482 – 492.
- Jones, T. O., and W. E. Sasser Jr. (1995), “Why Satisfied Customers Defect”. Harvard Business Review 73 (6). Keller, K. (1993), “Conceptualizing, Measuring, and Managing Customer-Based Brand Equity”, Journal of
- Marketing, 1-20.
- Kim, H., W. G. Kim and J. A. An (2003), “The effect of consumer-based brand equity on firms' financial performance”, The Journal of Consumer Marketing, 20 (4-5), 335-351.
- Kotler, P. and K.L. Keller (2013) Marketing Management, Pearson, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
- Levesque, T. and G.H.G. McDougall, (1996), “Determinants of customer satisfaction in retail banking”, International Journal of Bank Marketing, 14 (7), 12-20.
- MiRan, K., C.A. Vogt and B.J. Knutson (2015), “Relationship among customer satisfaction, delight and loyalty in the hospitality industry”, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research, 39 (2), 170-197.
- Mortensen, A., L. Gronholdt and K. Kristensen (2000), “The drivers of customer satisfaction and loyalty: Cross- industry findings from Denmark”, Total Quality Management, 11, 544-553
- Nanji, A. (2017), What emotionally connects consumers to brands? www.customerthermometer.com
- Naser, K., J., Ahmad and A, Khalid. (1999). “Islamic banking: A study of customer satisfaction and preferences in Jordan”. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 17, 135-151.
- Pappu, R., P. Qester and R. Cooksey (2005), “Consumer-based brand equity: improving the measurement- empirical evidence”, Journal of Product and Brand Management, 143-154.
- Park, C. W., B. J. Jaworski and MacInnis, D. J. (1986), “Strategic Brand Concept Management. Journal of Marketing”, 50, 135-145.
- Waxman, L. (2008), “The Coffee Shop: Social and Physical factors Influencing Place Attachment. Journal of Interior Design”, 31 (3), 35-53.