Participation in training and development programs is quite important to employees as being internal customers for the increase of employee mativation in services sector. In this context, this study examines the employee evalutionof training and development programs in banking sectorwith the blend of secondary and primary data which was collected through an e-mail survey applied to the employees working in the branch of a Turkish bank in Kayseri, Turkey. Statistical analyses of data indicate that employee motivation differs in terms of employee participation in any training and development programs and the working experience in the sector. The study concludes that employee participation in training and development programs is important in enhancing employee motivation in the services sector. The results are in line with the current literature.
Participation in training and development programs is quite important to employees as being internal customers for the increase of employee mativation in services sector. In this context, this study examines the employee evalutionof training and development programs in banking sectorwith the blend of secondary and primary data which was collected through an e-mail survey applied to the employees working in the branch of a Turkish bank in Kayseri, Turkey. Statistical analyses of data indicate that employee motivation differs in terms of employee participation in any training and development programs and the working experience in the sector. The study concludes that employee participation in training and development programs is important in enhancingemployee motivation in the services sector. The results are in line with the current literatüre.
- Aburoub, A. S., Hersh, A. M. and Aladwan, K. (2011), “Relationship between Internal Marketing and Service Quality with Customers' Satisfaction”, International Journal of Marketing Studies, 3, 2, 107-118.
- Al-Hawary, S. I. S., Al-Qudah, K. A. M., Abutayeh, P. M., Abutayeh, S. M. and Al-Zyadat, D. Y. (2013),“The Impact Of Internal Marketing On Employee’s Job Satisfaction of Commercial Banks in Jordan”, Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 4(9), 811-826.
- Aswathappa, K. (2000). Human Resource and Personnel Management, New Delhi: Tata Mcgraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited.
- Bates, Donald L. and Davis, Tammy J. (2010), The Application Bridge: A Model for Improving Trainee Engagement in the Training Process, International Journal of Management, 27, 3, 770-776.
- Berry, L.L., and Parasuraman, A. (1991). Marketing Services: Competing Through Quality. New York: The Free Press.
- Berry, L.L., Hensel, J.S. and Burke, M.C. (1976). "Improving Retailer Capability for Effective Consumerism Response", Journal of Retailing, 52(3), 3-14.
- Campbell, J.P. and Kuncel, N.R. (2001) Individual and Team Training. In: Anderson, N., Ones, D.S., Sinangil, H.K. and Viswesvaran, C. (eds), Handbook of Industrial, Work & Organizational Psychology, 2, 278-312.
- Carrell, M.R., Elbert, N.F., Hatfield, R.D., Grobler, P.A., Marx, M. and Van der Schyf, S. (2000). Human Resource Management in South Africa. Cape Town: Maskew Miller Longman.
- Ching-sheng Change, H. and Hsin-Hsin Change (2007). “Effect of Internal Marketing on Nurse Job Satisfaction and Organizational commitment: Example of Medical Center in Southern Taiwan”, Journal of Nursing Research,15, 4, 265-274.
- DeVillis, R. F. (2014). Ölçek Geliştirme Kuram ve Uygulamalar. (Çeviri Editör: Tarık Totan). Üçüncü Basımdan Çeviri. Ankara: Nobel Yayınları.
- Dunne, P.A. and Barnes, J.G. (2000). "Internal Marketing: A Relationship and Value Creation View", in R.J. Varey and B.R. Lewis (eds), Internal Marketing: Directions for Management , London: Routledge, pp. 192-220.
- ELSamen, A. A. and Alshurideh, M. (2012). "The Impact of Internal Marketing on Internal Service Quality: A Case Study in a Jordanian Pharmaceutical Company", International Journal of Business and Management, 7(19), 84-95.
- Eroğlu, U. (2006). İşletmelerde Eğitim Faaliyetlerinin Etkinliğinin Ölçümüne İlişkin Bir Model Önerisi, Yönetim Bilimleri Dergisi, Journal of Administrative Sciences, 4 ( 2), 111-132.
- Fisk, R.P., Brown S.W. and Bitner, M.J. (1993). "Tracking the Evolution of the Services Marketing Literature", Journal of Retailing, 69(1), 61-103.
- Gerbing, D.W. and Anderson, J.C. (1988). An Updated Paradigm for Scale Development Incorporating Unidimensionality and Its Assessment. Journal of Marketing Research, 25,186-192.
- Göllü, E. ve Kayı, A. (2014). Impact of Personal Development Trainings on Employee Motivation: A Case Study From Turkish Pharmaceutical Sector, The Journal of International Social Research, 7 (33), 635-642.
- Güllü, T. (2015). Eğitim ve Geliştirme Programlarının Çalışanların Motivasyonuna Etkisi ve Bankacılık Sektöründe İncelenmesi, Nuh Naci Yazgan Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, Basılmamış Yüksek Lisans Tezi.
- Herselman, S. (2001). "Performance Motivation Among Employees of a Wholesale Company", Journal of Ethonology, 24(1), 1-10.
- Heskett, J. L., Jones, T. O., Loveman, G. W., Sasser, W. E. ve Schlesinger, L. A. (1994), “Putting the Service-Profit Chain to Work”, Harvard Business Review, 164-174.
- Hinkin, T. R., Tracey, J. B., and Enz, C. A. (1997). Scale Construction: Developing Reliable and Valid Measurement Instruments. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research, 21(1),100-120.
- Hinkin, T.R. (1995). A review of Scale Development Practices in the Study of Organizations. Journal of Management, 21, 967-988.
- Khan, M., I. (2012). "The Impact of Training and Motivation on Performance of Employees", Business Review, 7, (2), 83-95.
- Khan, R. A. G., F. and Khan, M. A. (2011). "Impact of Training and Development on Organizational Performance", Global Journal of Management and Business Research, 11(7), 63-68.
- Kırçı, Z. (2007). Motivasyon Unsuru Olarak Kariyer Geliştirme ve Bir Uygulama, Atatürk Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, Erzurum: Basılmamış Yüksek Lisans Tezi.
- Kirkpatrick, D. L. and Kirkpatrick, J. (2013). Kirkpatrick Four Levels Audio Recordings Study Guide, LLC: Kirkpatrick Partners.
- Kreitner, R and Kinicki, A. (2004). Organisational Behavior. New York: McGraw-HilI.
- Kulkarni, P. P. (2013). "A Literature Review on Training & Development and Quality of Work Life Journal of Arts", Science and Commerce, 4 (2), 136-143.
- Lopez, T. (2006). Differences in Career Motivation Between International and Domestic Graduate Students, Pennsylvania State University PhD Disseration, USA: Pennsylvania State University.
- Lunenburg, F.C. and Ornstein, A.C. (1991). Educational Administration Concepts and Practices. Belmont: Wadsworth Publishing Company.
- Naong, M. N. (2014). "Impact of Skills-Development Training on Lower-Level Employee’s Motivation and Job Satisfaction – A Case-Study of Five South African Companies", Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 5, (20), 369-380.
- Naong, M. N. (2014). "Impact of Skills-Development Training on Lower-Level Employee’s Motivation and Job Satisfaction – A Case-Study of Five South African Companies", Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 5, (20), 369-380
- Oatey M. (1970). "The Economics of Training with Respect to the Firm", British Journal of Industrial Relations, 8, 1-21.
- Obisi, Chris (1996). Personnel Management, Jackbod Enterprises. Ojokondo Layout Agbowo, Ibadan.
- Oribabor, P. E. (2000). "Human Resources Management, A Strategic Approval", Human Resources Management, 9 (4), 21- 24.
- Pfeffer, J. (1998). "Seven Practices of Successful Organizations", California Management Review, 40, 96-124.
- Rafiq, M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2000). "Advances in the İnternal Marketing Concept: Definition, Synthesis and Extension", Journal of Services Marketing, 14, 6, 449-62.
- Şen, O. (2010). E-sertifika Programlarının Çalışan Motivasyonuna Etkisi: Anadolu Üniversitesi Perakendecilik E-Sertifika Programının Motivasyona Etkisi ile İlgili Bir Araştırma, Eskişehir: Osmangazi Üniversitesi, Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, Yüksek Lisans Tezi.
- Tsai, Y. and Tang, T. (2008). "How to Improve Service Quality: Iinternal Marketing as a Determining Factor", Total Quality Management and Business Excellence Review, 19, 1117-1126.
- Turner, J. C9. (1995). "The Influence of Classroom Contexts on Young Children’s Motivation for Literacy". Reading Research Quarterly, 30, 3, 410-441.
- Wright, P. and Boswell, W. (2002). "Desegregating HRM: a Review and Synthesis of Micro and Macro Human Resource Management Research". Journal of Management, 28, 3, 247-276.