THE EFFECT OF ON-TIME DELIVERY ON CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND LOYALTY IN CHANNEL INTEGRATION
- Electronic Commerce,
- Channel Integration,
- On-time Delivery,
- Customer Satisfaction,
- Customer Loyalty
- Elektronik Ticaret, Kanal Entegrasyonu, Zamanında Teslimat, Müşteri Memnuniyeti, Müşteri Sadakati
How to Cite
In this study, creating customer satisfaction and customer loyalty by channel integration with on-time delivery was examined as a result of using physical and online channels together in order to investigate whether the goals of businesses and consumers were compatible. 436 consumers in Konya benefiting from the online shopping service were surveyed online by simple random sampling, and the data obtained were analyzed through the SPSS 23.0 package program. The relationships between the variables in the study were analyzed with the help of multiple regression analysis. In the study, channel integration was determined to have a positive and statistically significant effect on on-time delivery. It was also concluded that channel integration and on-time delivery had a positive and statistically significant effect on customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Agatz, N. A., Fleischmann, M., & Van Nunen, J. A. (2008). E-fulfillment and multi-channel distribution–A review. European Journal of Operational Research, 187(2), 339-356.
- Andreassen, T. W. (1994), satisfaction, loyalty and reputation as ındicators of customer orientation in the public sector. International Journal of Public Sector Management, 7(2), 16-34.
- Aulakh, P. S., & Kotabe, M. (1997). Antecedents and performance implications of channel integration in foreign markets. Journal of International Business Studies, 28(1), 145-175.
- Berman, B., & Thelen, S. (2004), A guide to developing and managing a well‐integrated multi‐channel retail strategy. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 32(3), 147-156.
- Bodet, G. (2008). Customer satisfaction and loyalty in service: Two concepts, four constructs, several relationships. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 15(3), 156-162.
- Cao, L., & Li, L. (2015). The impact of cross-channel integration on retailers’ sales growth. Journal of Retailing, 91(2), 198-216.
- Čater, B., & Čater, T. (2009), Relationship‐value‐based antecedents of customer satisfaction and loyalty in manufacturing. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 24(8), 585-597.
- Collier, J. E., & Bienstock, C. C. (2006). Measuring service quality in e-retailing. Journal of Service Research, 8(3), 260-275.
- Coşkun, R., Altunışık, R., Bayraktaroğlu, S., & Yıldırım, E. (2015). Sosyal Bilimlerde Araştırma Yöntemleri SPSS Uygulamalı. Sakarya: Sakarya Kitabevi.
- Dholakia, R. R., & Zhao, M. (2010), Effects of online store attributes on customer satisfaction and repurchase intentions. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 38(7), 482-496.
- Emerson, C. J., & Grimm, C. M. (1996). Logistics and marketing components of customer service: An empirical test of the Mentzer, Gomes and Krapfel model. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 26(8), 29-42.
- Fairchild, A. M. (2014). Extending the network: Defining product delivery partnering preferences for omni-channel commerce. Procedia Technology, 16, 447-451.
- Fan, J. (2011). The vehicle routing problem with simultaneous pickup and delivery based on customer satisfaction. Procedia Engineering, 15, 5284-5289.
- Flavián, C., Gurrea, R., & Orús, C. (2016). Choice confidence in the webrooming purchase process: The impact of online positive reviews and the motivation to touch. Journal of Consumer Behaviour, 15(5), 459-476.
- Floyd, F. J., & Widaman, K. F. (1995). Factor analysis in the development and refinement of clinical assessment instruments. Psychological Assessment, 7(3), 286-299.
- Gallino, S., Moreno, A., & Stamatopoulos, I. (2017). Channel integration, sales dispersion, and inventory management. Management Science, 63(9), 2813-2831.
- Garcia, F. A., Marchetta, M. G., Camargo, M., Morel, L., & Forradellas, R. Q. (2012). A framework for measuring logistics performance in the wine industry. International Journal of Production Economics, 135(1), 284-298.
- Goersch, D. (2002). Multi-channel integration and its implications for retail web sites. ECIS 2002 Proceedings, 11, 748-758.
- Hallowell, R. (1996). The relationships of customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, and profitability: An empirical study. International Journal of Service Industry Management, 7(4), 27-42.
- Herhausen, D., Binder, J., Schoegel, M., & Herrmann, A. (2015). Integrating bricks with clicks: Retailer-level and channel-level outcomes of online–offline channel integration. Journal of Retailing, 91(2), 309-325.
- Homburg, C., & Giering, A. (2001). Personal characteristics as moderators of the relationship between customer satisfaction and loyalty—an empirical analysis. Psychology & Marketing, 18(1), 43-66.
- Hua, G., Wang, S., & Cheng, T. E. (2010). Price and lead time decisions in dual-channel supply chains. European Journal of Operational Research, 205(1), 113-126.
- Iyer, K.N.S., Germain, R. & Frankwick, G.L. (2004), Supply chain B2B e‐commerce and time‐based delivery performance. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 34(8), 645-661.
- Izogo, E. E., & Ogba, I. E. (2015). Service quality, customer satisfaction and loyalty in automobile repair services sector. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 32(3), 250-269.
- Jie, Y. U., Subramanian, N., Ning, K., & Edwards, D. (2015). Product delivery service provider selection and customer satisfaction in the era of internet of things: A Chinese e-retailers’ perspective. International Journal of Production Economics, 159, 104-116.
- Lam, S. Y., Shankar, V., Erramilli, M. K., & Murthy, B. (2004). Customer value, satisfaction, loyalty, and switching costs: An illustration from a business-to-business service context. Journal of The Academy of Marketing Science, 32(3), 293-311.
- Langley Jr, C. J., & Holcomb, M. C. (1992). Creating logistics customer value. Journal of Business Logistics, 13(2), 1.
- Lee, K., & Joshi, K. (2007). An empirical investigation of customer satisfaction with technology mediated service encounters in the context of online shopping. Journal of Information Technology Management, 18(2), 18-37.
- Li, B., Riley, M.W., Lin, B., & Qi, E. (2006), A comparison study of customer satisfaction between the UPS and FedEx: An empirical study among university customers. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 106(2), 182-199.
- Lin, C. C., Wu, H. Y., & Chang, Y. F. (2011). The critical factors impact on online customer satisfaction. Procedia Computer Science, 3, 276-281.
- Mägi, A. W. (2003). Share of wallet in retailing: the effects of customer satisfaction, loyalty cards and shopper characteristics. Journal of Retailing, 79(2), 97-106.
- Mentzer, J. T., Flint, D. J., & Hult, G. T. M. (2001). Logistics service quality as a segment-customized process. Journal of Marketing, 65(4), 82-104.
- Modak, N. M. (2017). Exploring Omni-channel supply chain under price and delivery time sensitive stochastic demand. In Supply Chain Forum: An International Journal, 18(4), 218-230.
- Mollenkopf, D. A., Rabinovich, E., Laseter, T. M., & Boyer, K. K. (2007). Managing internet product returns: a focus on effective service operations. Decision Sciences, 38(2), 215-250.
- Murfield, M., Boone, C.A., Rutner, P. and Thomas, R. (2017), Investigating logistics service quality in omni-channel retailing. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 47(4), 263-296.
- Neslin, S. A., Jerath, K., Bodapati, A., Bradlow, E. T., Deighton, J., Gensler, S., & Verhoef, P. C. (2014). The interrelationships between brand and channel choice. Marketing Letters, 25(3), 319-330.
- Oh, L. B., & Teo, H. H. (2010). Consumer value co-creation in a hybrid commerce service-delivery system. International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 14(3), 35-62.
- Oh, L. B., Teo, H. H., & Sambamurthy, V. (2012). The effects of retail channel integration through the use of information technologies on firm performance. Journal of Operations Management, 30(5), 368-381.
- Oliver, R. L. (1980). A cognitive model of the antecedents and consequences of satisfaction decisions. Journal of Marketing Research, 17(4), 460-469.
- Özgül, E., Börühan, G., & Tek, Ö. B. (2017). Özel alışveriş sitelerinde siparişlerin yerine getirilmesinde lojistik hizmet kalitesinin müşteri memnuniyetine etkisi. Dokuz Eylül Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, 19(4), 629-664.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., & Berry, L. L. (1988). Servqual: A multiple-item scale for measuring consumer perc. Journal of Retailing, 64(1), 12.
- Ranganathan, C., & Ganapathy, S. (2002). Key dimensions of business-to-consumer web sites. Information & Management, 39(6), 457-465.
- Rizka, M., & Widji, A. (2013). Customer loyalty the effects of service quality and the mediating role of customer relationship marketing TelKom Speedy in Jember Area. Rev. Integr. Bus. Econ. Res, 2(1), 491-502.
- Schramm-Klein, H., Wagner, G., Steinmann, S., & Morschett, D. (2011). Cross-channel integration–is it valued by customers?. The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research, 21(5), 501-511.
- Schumacker, R. E., & Lomax, R. G. (2004). A beginner’s guide to structural equation modeling. Psychology Press.
- Sekaran, U. (2003). Research methods for business: A skill building approach. New Jersey, NJ: John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Singh, H. (2006). The importance of customer satisfaction in relation to customer loyalty and retention. Academy of Marketing Science, 60(193-225), 46.
- Stank, T. P., Pellathy, D. A., In, J., Mollenkopf, D. A., & Bell, J. E. (2017). New frontiers in logistics research: Theorizing at the middle range. Journal of Business Logistics, 38(1), 6-17.
- Suh, J. C., & Youjae, Y. (2006). When brand attitudes affect the customer satisfaction‐loyalty relation: the moderating role of product involvement. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 16(2), 145-155.
- Wallace, D. W., Giese, J. L., & Johnson, J. L. (2004). Customer retailer loyalty in the context of multiple channel strategies. Journal of Retailing, 80(4), 249-263.
- Wen, Z., Guo, J., Zhou, Y., & Li, L. (2015, June). A Strategic analysis of a dual-channel Retailer with price, inconvenience and delivery lead time considerations. In 2015 12th International Conference on Service Systems and Service Management (ICSSSM) (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Yang, Z., Peterson, R. T., & Cai, S. (2003). Services quality dimensions of internet retailing: An exploratory analysis. Journal of Services Marketing, 17(7), 685-700.
- YuSheng, K., & Ibrahim, M. (2019). Service innovation, service delivery and customer satisfaction and loyalty in the banking sector of Ghana. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 37(5), 1215-1233.