It is generally thought that first mover firms in the market or who are taking initiative places in marketing with a new product or service have important advantages in obtaining competition. Although there are companies that take the first move in the market and successfully maintain their leadership in the market, there are other studies conducted in which many companies taking the second move gain superiority in the market and gain competitive advantage. While there are discussions related to this subject in many articles in the international literature, it is quite difficult to reach an article related to subject in the national literature. In this study, a theoretical research was carried out to determine the effects of market entry order on competition. According to the results of the research, it was found that the effect of the first mover or second and late mover, namely the entry order on the market creates different advantages and disadvantages for different sectors on the competition. This study is important for the first time examining the advantages and disadvantages of firms entering the market at different timing and its effect on commpetitive advantage.
- Benzoni, L. (2007), The “Curse Of The Later Entrants”: The Case Of The European Mobile Markets”, A Collection Of Essay On Competition and Regulation With Asymmetries In Mobile Markets, Edt. Laurent Benzoni and Patrice Geoffron. Paris: Quantifica Publishing.
- Bressler, M. S. ve Von Bergen, C. W. (2017), “When Running Second Wins The Race: Examining The Benefits Of Second-Mover AdvantagE, Journal of Management and Marketing Research, 20, March, 1-9
- Chen, H. Ve Pereira, A. (1999), “Product Entry İn İnternational Markets: The Effect Of Country-Of-Origin On First-Mover Advantage”, Journal of Product & Brand Management, 8 (3), 218-231
- Cleff, T. ve Rennings, K. (2014), “Are There Any First And Second Mover Advantages For Eco-Pioneers?”, Interdisciplinary Management Research, 10, 164-189
- Cottrel, T. ve Sick, G. (2001), “First Mover (Dis)Advantages And Real Options”, Journal Of Applied Corporate Finance, 14 (2), 41-51
- Dewenter, A. (2007), First Mover Advantage In Mobile Telecommunications: The Swiss Case”, A Collection Of Essay On Competition And Regulation With Asymmetries In Mobile Market, Edt. Laurent Benzoni and Patrice GeoffroN. Paris: Quantifica Publishing.
- Green, A., Karan, S. ve Rasmussen, B. (2014), Factors İndicating First-Mover Advantages And Second-Mover Advantages, Kristianstad University College, International Business Program FEC 685 Bachelor Dissertation, January.
- Hirose, K., Lee, S., ve Matsumura, T. (2017), “ Environmental Corporate Social Responsibility: A Note On The First-Mover Advantage Under Price Competition”, Economics Bulletin, 37(1), 214-221
- Hoppe, H. C. ve Lehmann-Grube, U. (2001), Second-Mover Advantages İn Dynamic Quality Competition. Institut für Allokation und Wettbewerb Universität Hamburg D-20146 Hamburg, Germany.
- Jiang, W., Li, Ji., Liu, T. ve Ta, X. (2017), “ First-Mover Strategy And Performance Of Late Movers Among Mnes İn An Emerging Market”, Frontiers in Management Research, 1(2), 54-64
- Koch, B. J. (2014). One piece does not a puzzle make: the first-mover decision as one piece on the foreign investment strategy puzzle. Journal of Asia Business Studies, 8 (3), 193-208.
- Kopel, M. ve Löffler, C. (2007), “Commitment, First-Mover And Second-Mover Advantage”, Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Management, Discussion Paper No. 07-02
- Kotler, P. (2003), Kotler Ve Pazarlama, Pazar Yaratmak, Pazar Kazanmak Ve Pazara Entegre Olmak, Üçüncü Basım, İstanbul: Sistem Yayıncılık, (Çeviren: Ayşe Özyağcılar)
- Markides, C.C. ve Geroski, P. A. (2005), Fast Second – How Smart Companies Bypass Radical İnnovation To Enter And Dominate New Market. San Francisco.
- O’Higgin, S.N., Palomba, A., ve Sibriglia, P. (2010), Second Mover Advantage And Bertrand Dynamic Competition: An Experiment, Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena. 028, University of Siena.
- Porter. M. (1985), Competitive Advantage: Creating And Sustaining Superior Performance, The Free Press.
- Rasmusen, E., ve Yoon, R. (2012), “First- Versus Second-Mover Advantage Wıth Informatıon Asymmetry About The Profıtabılıty Of New Markets”, Journal of Industrial Economics, 60 (3), 374-405
- Shankar, V. ve Carpenter, G. S. (2012), Handbook Of Marketing Strategy, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Shankar, V., Carpenter G. S. ve Krishnamurthi, L. (1998), “Late Mover Advantage: How İnnovative Late Entrants Outsell Pioneers”, Journal of Marketing Research, 35, 54-70
- Smirnov, V. ve Walt, A. (2005), “Second-Mover Advantage In a Market- Entry Game”, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228578885_'SecondMover_Advantage_in_a_Market-Entry_Game, (Erişim Tarihi:01.02.2019).
- https://www.haberturk.com/2018in-en-iyi-ve-en-kotu-dizustu-bilgisayar-ureticileri-belli-oldu-1945971-ekonomi/62, (Erişim Tarihi: 18.06.2019).
- http://www.milliyet.com.tr/Mac-bilgisayarlarinin-30-yillik-inanilmaz-evrimi-molatik-3843/?Sayfa=15, (Erişim Tarihi: 18.06.2019).
- https://www.haberler.com/lenovo-10-yilda-bir-teknoloji-devine-nasil-7280630-haberi/, (Erişim Tarihi: 18.06.2019).
- https://www.bilgiustam.com/motosikletin-tarihcesi/ (Erişim Tarihi: 19.06.2019).
- https://insight.kellogg.northwestern.edu/article/the_second_mover_advantage (Erişim Tarihi: 28.01.2019).