THE SELECTION OF CATERING FIRM WITH SWARA AND MAIRCA METHODS
- SWARA, MAIRCA, Catering Firm Selection
- SWARA, MAIRCA, Catering Firması Seçimi
How to Cite
Catering firm provides food and service to any person or organization from outside. The catering firm is of great importance for the organizations receiving this service. The personnel working in organizations consume the meals offered by these firms. Meals have an impact directly on the performance of the personnel in organizations. Thus, organizations should be careful when choosing a catering firm. Many and conflicting criteria are considered in the selection of catering firm. Therefore, multi-criteria decision-making (MCDM) methods can be used in the selection of catering firm. In this study, the selection of catering firm was made by using SWARA (Step-wise Weight Assessment Ratio Analysis) and MAIRCA (Multi Attribute Ideal-Real Comparative Analysis) methods. While criteria weights were obtained with SWARA method, the performances of alternatives were evaluated and ranked with MAIRCA method. The following criteria were taken into account in this selection process; Hygiene, Taste, Variety of Meals, Service Time, References, Service Quality and Price. Criteria weights were calculated by SWARA method. According to the results of this method, the most important criterion was determined as Hygiene criterion. Following the SWARA method, MAIRCA method was used to rank the alternatives. Four alternatives were evaluated in MAIRCA method. According to the results of MAIRCA method, the best alternative CF2 coded catering company has been determined.
- Adalı, E. A., & Işık, A. T. (2017). Bir Tedarikçi Seçim Problemi için SWARA ve WASPAS Yöntemlerine Dayanan Karar Verme Yaklaşımı. International Review of Economics and Management, 5(4), 56-77.
- Arsić, S. N., Pamučar, D., Suknović, M., & Janošević, M. (2019). Menu evaluation based on rough MAIRCA and BW methods. Serbian Journal of Management, 14(1), 27-48.
- Atan, M., Türe, H., & Koçak, D. (2016). Analitik Ağ Süreci Yöntemi İle Gençlerde Madde Bağımlılığı ve Erken Uyarı Sistemine İlişkin Bir Uygulama. Pamukkale Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, (24), 103-112.
- Aytaç, E., Işık, A. T., & Kundakcı, N. (2011). Fuzzy ELECTRE I method for evaluating catering firm alternatives. Ege Akademik Bakış Dergisi, 11(5), 125-134.
- Badi, I., & Ballem, M. (2018). Supplier selection using the rough BWM-MAIRCA model: A case study in pharmaceutical supplying in Libya. Decision Making: Applications in Management and Engineering, 1(2), 16-33.
- Chatterjee, K., Pamucar, D., & Zavadskas, E. K. (2018). Evaluating the performance of suppliers based on using the R'AMATEL-MAIRCA method for green supply chain implementation in electronics industry. Journal of cleaner production, 184, 101-129.
- Çakır, E., & Özdemir, M. (2018). Altı Sigma Projelerinin Bulanık COPRAS Yöntemiyle Değerlendirilmesi: Bir Üretim İşletmesi Örneği. Verimlilik Dergisi, (1), 7-39.
- Çakır, E., Akel, G., & Doğaner, M. (2018). Türkiye’de Faaliyet Gösteren Özel Alışveriş Sitelerinin Bütünleşik Swara-Waspas Yöntemi İle Değerlendirilmesi. Uluslararası İktisadi ve İdari İncelemeler Dergisi, 18. EYİ Özel Sayısı, 599-616.
- Ekinci, E. B. M., & Can, G. F. (2018). Algılanan İş Yükü ve Çalışma Duruşları Dikkate Alınarak Operatörlerin Ergonomik Risk Düzeylerinin Çok Kriterli Karar Verme Yaklaşımı ile Değerlendirilmesi. Ergonomi, 1(2), 77-91.
- Ersöz, F., Kinci, C. H., & Ersöz, T. (2018). A Model Proposal for Course Selection with the Fuzzy MOORA Approach. European Journal of Science and Technology, (14), 369-377.
- Fu, Y. K. (2019). An integrated approach to catering supplier selection using AHP-ARAS-MCGP methodology. Journal of Air Transport Management, 75, 164-169.
- Gigović, L., Pamučar, D., Bajić, Z., & Milićević, M. (2016). The combination of expert judgment and GIS-MAIRCA analysis for the selection of sites for ammunition depots. Sustainability, 8(4), 372.
- Juodagalvienė, B., Turskis, Z., Šaparauskas, J., & Endriukaitytė, A. (2017). Integrated Multi-Criteria Evaluation of House’s Plan Shape Based on the EDAS and SWARA Methods. Engineering Structures and Technologies, 9(3), 117-125.
- Kahraman, C., Cebeci, U., & Ruan, D. (2004). Multi-attribute comparison of catering service companies using fuzzy AHP: The case of Turkey. International journal of production economics, 87(2), 171-184.
- Karabasevic, D., Zavadskas, E. K., Turskis, Z., & Stanujkic, D. (2016). The framework for the selection of personnel based on the SWARA and ARAS methods under uncertainties. Informatica, 27(1), 49-65.
- Keršuliene, V., Zavadskas, E. K., & Turskis, Z. (2010). Selection of rational dispute resolution method by applying new step‐wise weight assessment ratio analysis (SWARA). Journal of business economics and management, 11(2), 243-258.
- Kıran, M. B. (2019). Ülke iş sağlığı ve güvenliği performanslarını değerlendirilmek amacıyla MAIRCA yönteminin dört farklı ağırlıklandırma yaklaşımı ile uygulanması, Master Tezi, Başkent Üniversitesi Fen Bilimleri Enstitüsü.
- Mavi, R. K., Goh, M., & Zarbakhshnia, N. (2017). Sustainable third-party reverse logistic provider selection with fuzzy SWARA and fuzzy MOORA in plastic industry. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 91(5-8), 2401-2418.
- Mavi, R. K., Zarbakhshnia, N., & Khazraei, A. (2018). Bus rapid transit (BRT): A simulation and multi criteria decision making (MCDM) approach. Transport Policy, 72, 187-197.
- Özbek, A., & Demirkol, İ. (2018). Lojistik Sektöründe Faaliyet Gösteren İşletmelerin SWARA Ve GİA Yöntemleri İle Analizi. Kırıkkale Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi, 8(1), 71-86.
- Pamucar, D. S., Tarle, S. P., & Parezanovic, T. (2018). New hybrid multi-criteria decision-making DEMATEL-MAIRCA model: sustainable selection of a location for the development of multimodal logistics centre. Economic research-Ekonomska istraživanja, 31(1), 1641-1665.
- Pamučar, D. Vasin, L., & Lukovac, L. (2014). Selection of railway level crossings for investing in security equipment using hybrid DEMATEL-MARICA model. In XVI International Scientific-expert Conference on Railways, Railcon, Niš, Serbia, 9-10 October 2014. 89-92.
- Pamučar, D. Mihajlović, M. Obradović, R., & Atanasković, P. (2017). Novel approach to group multi-criteria decision making based on interval rough numbers: Hybrid DEMATEL-ANP-MAIRCA model. Expert Systems with Applications, 88, 58-80.
- Pamučar, D. S. Ćirović, G. & Božanić, D. (2019). Application of Interval Valued Fuzzy-Rough Numbers in Multi-Criteria Decision Making: The IVFRN-MAIRCA Model. Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research, 29(2), 221-247.
- Perçin, S. (2019). An integrated fuzzy SWARA and fuzzy AD approach for outsourcing provider selection. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 30(2), 531-552.
- Stanujkic, D. Karabasevic, D., & Zavadskas, E. K. (2015). A framework for the selection of a packaging design based on the SWARA method. Inzinerine Ekonomika-Engineering Economics, 26(2), 181-187.
- Ulutaş, A. & Çelik, D. (2019). Transpalet Seçimi Probleminin AHP ve EDAS Yöntemleri ile Değerlendirilmesi. Business & Management Studies: An International Journal, 7(2), 668-686.
- Valipour, A. Yahaya, N. Md Noor, N. Antuchevičienė, J. & Tamošaitienė, J. (2017). Hybrid SWARA-COPRAS method for risk assessment in deep foundation excavation project: An Iranian case study. Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, 23(4), 524-532.
- Zarbakhshnia, N. Soleimani, H. & Ghaderi, H. (2018). Sustainable third-party reverse logistics provider evaluation and selection using fuzzy SWARA and developed fuzzy COPRAS in the presence of risk criteria. Applied Soft Computing, 65, 307-319.
- Zavadskas, E. K. Stević, Ž. Tanackov, I. & Prentkovskis, O. (2018). A novel multicriteria approach–rough step-wise weight assessment ratio analysis method (R-SWARA) and its application in logistics. Studies in Informatics and Control, 27(1), 97-106.